Subsidized Projects with the Japanese Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)
Are you planning a PV project in one of these 17 countries? Then contact us to see if you can obtain a JCM subsidy!
- PV projects in these countries are eligible for JCM subsidy: Ethiopia, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Mexico, Chile, Bangladesh, Maldives, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, Mongolia, Palau.
- Sharp has 60 years of solar expertise
- High-quality solar panels
- A diversified global brand with financial stability
Japanese Government subsidies (JCM)
- Benefit from up to 40% cost reduction on modules and certain BOS articles
- The Joint Crediting Mechanism is a project-based crediting program initiated by the Government of Japan to facilitate the diffusion of low-carbon technologies in 17 different countries
- The Japanese Ministry of the Environment provides the subsidy for the PV installation and in return they receive part of the carbon credits* generated by the project
- As a Japanese company SHARP is your door opener to obtain the subsidy for your project
Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)
JCM eligible countries and their respective subsidy rate
Countries by subsidy rate*:
*Values 2020, subject to change
Successful JCM projects amounting to over 200 MWp
SHARP has already successfully implemented more than 20 projects based on the JCM program.
16.4 MW in Mongolia
Location: Khushight Khundii, Sergelen district, Tuv province, Mongolia
Output (module capacity): Approx. 16.4 MW-dc
Annual power generation capacity (estimate): Approx. 23,134 MWh/year
Greenhouse gas emissions reduction (estimate): Approx. 18,438 t-CO2/year
Start of operation: Mid June 2019
4 MW in the Philippines
Location: Tire factory, the Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. (Pampanga Province, the Philippines)
Output (module capacity): Approx. 4 MW-dc
Annual power generation capacity (estimate): 5,363 MWh/year
Greenhouse gas emissions reduction (estimate): Approx. 2,858 t-CO2/year (equivalent)
Start of operation: July 4, 2019
Products based on over 60 years of solar expertise
SHARP offers you a premium product portfolio covering various sizes of monocrystalline PERC half-cell panels. SHARP PV products are used around the world, in a wide range of applications and environments. From the mountains to the desert, from icy climates to extreme humidity and heat, our PV modules have proven to be robust and reliable. Our extensive, discerning tests are based on over 60 years of industry experience and are up to five times stricter than IEC standards.
Contact our team to discuss the subsidy program for your project
Communication with us is easy. We are always here for you at our office in Hamburg, Germany.