Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited (who is called "Sharp" in this warranty) warrants that, for the warranty period set out in paragraph 2 below, the enclosed Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship, and agrees that it will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Product subject to the following terms and conditions:
- 1. This limited warranty extends only to you, the customer, as the end-user of the Product. You may have additional rights under applicable law. This limited warranty does not affect such rights.
- 2. The warranty period is 12 (twelve) months from the date on which you purchased the Product. You must notify your retailer, Sharp (or its authorised service company, details of which are available from the hotline number set out in section 9(i) below) of any defects as soon as possible after you have become aware of them. Please be aware that claims made 12 months after the purchase date will not be valid.
- 3. This limited warranty is valid and enforceable in the countries of the European Union.
- 4. This limited warranty does not cover general cleaning and maintenance or the replacement of consumables, nor does it cover the performance or costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the Product to meet any local technical or safety standards which are applicable in the country in which the Product is intended to be operated.
- 5. This limited warranty shall not apply in respect of the following:
- i) any deterioration due to normal wear and tear including all plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are scratched or damaged due to normal customer use.
- ii) defects caused by the Product being subjected to any of the following: use in contradiction with the user guide, inadequate cleaning, rough handling, exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal or environmental conditions or rapid changes in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, unauthorised modifications or connections, unauthorised opening or repair, use of unauthorised spare parts, misuse, improper installation, accident due to forces of nature, spillage of food or liquid, influence from chemical products or other acts beyond Sharps reasonable control unless the defect was caused directly by defects in materials or workmanship.
- iii) products in respect of which the product serial number (or equivalent) has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or made illegible.
- iv) defects caused by employing the Product to other than its intended use.
- v) defects caused by a non-Sharp product being connected or used in conjunction with the Product.
- vi) products rented on a periodical basis.
- vii) internal refrigeration furniture such as drawers, shelving and trays.
- viii) Any costs arising from the change from analogue to digital broadcasting including the termination of analogue transmission of any type.
- ix) Any cost if no fault is found with your equipment.
- x) Repairs due to pixel failure where the number or location is not in excess of the manufacturer's acceptable limit.
- 6. All defective parts or Products, which have been replaced by Sharp during the warranty period, shall become the property of Sharp.
- 7. A repaired or replaced Products will be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period or for ninety days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is the longer.
- 8. You are requested to keep your original proof of purchase, such as the receipt. You will need it to prove the date of purchase in respect of any warranty claims.
- 9. To make a claim pursuant to this limited warranty, please:
- i) contact the retailer or dealer from whom you purchased the Product; or, For TVs, audio products and digital recorders:
For Microwave ovens (commercial & domestic), refrigerators and air purifiers: email email@example.com
- ii) follow the instructions given to you in respect of the Product, which may include the method of returning the Product to your retailer or to Sharp (or its authorised representative) for repair or replacement; and
- iii) if requested, send to Sharp, or present to the retailer or dealer from whom you purchased the Product, either a legible and non-modified original warranty card which clearly indicates the name and address of the retailer or dealer from whom you purchased the Product, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the serial number (or equivalent) or a legible and non-modified original purchase receipt containing the same information.
- 10. You may be required to pay the cost of returning any defective Product to Sharp, or the retailer or dealer from whom you purchased the Product. However, Sharp will pay the cost of delivering any repaired or replaced Product back to you.
This limited warranty is granted to you by Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited, 4 Furzeground Way, Stockley Park, Heathrow, Middlesex, UB11 1EZ.